UMANG (Unified Mobile Application for New-age Governance) is envisaged to make e-governance ‘mobile first’.UMANG It is developed by Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) and National e-Governance Division (NeGD).
It is an evolving platform designed for citizens of India to offer them access to the pan-India e-Gov services from the Central, State, Local Bodies, and Agencies of government on app, web, SMS, and IVR channels.
– Unified Platform: It brings together all government departments and their services on a single platform to provide better and easier services to citizens.
– Mobile First Strategy: It aligns all government services with the mobile first strategy to leverage mobile adoption trends.
– Integration with Digital India Services: It provides seamless integration with other Digital India Services like Aadhaar, DigiLocker, and PayGov. Any new such service will automatically be integrated with the platform.
– Uniform Experience: It is designed to enable citizens to discover, download, access, and use all government services easily.
– Secure and Scalable: It supports Aadhaar-based and other authentication mechanisms for service access. The sensitive profile data is saved in an encrypted format and no one can view this information.
UMANG provides easy access to a plethora of Indian government services ranging from – Healthcare, Finance, Education, Housing, Energy, Agriculture, Transport to even Utility and Employment and Skills.
Key Benefits for Citizens:
– Single-Point Ubiquitous Access: All government services are available for citizens on a unified platform for easy access through multiple online and offline channels (SMS, email, app, and web).
– More for Less: Only a single mobile app needs to be installed instead of each app of each department.
– Convenience: Citizens do not even need to install or update the app again to avail government services if more services are added to the platform.
– Saving of Time and Money: Citizens can anytime and anywhere avail these services through their mobile phones, desktops, and laptops without any need for visiting the department office and standing in queues.
– Uniform Experience: All the government services including payment-based transactions provide secure and uniform experience.
What is Umang platform?
How can I check my PF balance in Umang?
- Click on the EPFO option on the UMANG app.
- Select Employee Centric services from the options.
- Click on View Passbook. A pop up will appear asking for your UAN.
- Enter your UAN. An OTP will be sent your registered mobile number.
- Enter OTP.
How can I withdraw my PF online Umang?
Click on ‘Raise Claim’ and enter EPF UAN number. Now, you will receive an OTP on the registered mobile number. Enter the OTP to verify yourself. Choose the type of withdrawal and submit through UMANG app.